Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

11.14.2007

This is My Mother's Mumbai.


This is the Bombay of Salman Rushdie, exactly as I imagine it and precisely as I remember it. The always-perfect sunlight filtering through the trees; the mist above the tree-lined streets; the gorgeous British colonial architecture. Aaaah!

We were in Bombay for just three days, for my cousin's wedding and reception. After all the madness finished, I drove around in a cab to run some errands; namely checking out my mom's old high school and producing the required photograph for my Indian SIM card. I also picked up a few great CDs chock-full of lounge tracks. Now, after a brush with an almost-lost visa, we're in Bangalore--er, 'Bengaluru'--for a bit of relaxation before the "party-sharty" begins in Goa.

One last parting shot of Mumbai. For this one, the light was just perfect, as it always seems to be in this city. The writing on the wall and the picture of the guy on the chair intrigued me. The lady in pink walking by just added to the fun.


Adios! Hope everyone is well!

1 Comments:

Blogger cat said...

Yay India pics! Hope you're having (had?) a great time!! Looking forward to more posts and pics!

11/20/2007 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home