Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

5.08.2007

Girl-cotting

So, there is apparently a somewhat-organized boycott of gasoline, coming up on May 15. It's been getting a bit of buzz--even as a spot on CNN (who, I hear, reported that it shouldn't be followed).

The consensus seems to be that it won't do anything. I can agree. I mean, really. Do you think XOM and others will be shaking in their boots if they see a downward spike in demand for one day? How about crude futures traders--think they'll see a dip in demand and estimate their June contracts a bit lower? Nah.

Now, a month of boycotting--that's something. But that'd take people actually putting in effort. And that's just not in the cards here. We're too addicted.

On the other hand, however, why the hell not? Sounds like fun. Let's see if anything happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home