I don't want to take anything away from the wonderful people over at Scotland Yard, or from the nice folks in Pakistan--but as for today's announcement of a foiled terror plot, I smell a fish. Or a rat.
Granted, there may have been a foiled plot--but a few things don't smell right about this:
- It comes as people are calling for a timetable for Tony Blair's resignation, and as he doesn't want to produce one.
- It comes with Prezy Bush's popularity near or at an all-time low.
- It comes as a majority of Americans want out of Iraq.
- It includes Pakistan as an "ally" as they've been trampled in the world scene. Too perfect.
- The announcement came from the Bush Administration's office (and we all know what truthful statements that office has produced).
and last, but not least:
- Ties are being made between this incident and al Qaeda. Really, now. Would al Qaeda be stupid enough to try to bomb another plane--knowing that they were for sure going to get caught? How many times have you heard, "al Qaeda used the element of surprise on 9/11. They no longer have that, so they will use another tactic."
Anyone else smell a fishy rat?