Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

4.10.2006

No wait--you're kidding, right?

So rumors are starting to surface that the Bush administration is developing plans for an airstrike on Iran--to oust President Ahmadinejad, a "potential Hitler."  Is it just me, or does anyone think that a third war is completely out of the question?  I mean, hell--we're not done in Afghanistan, Bush has admitted that the responsibility for ending our presence in Iraq will be a task for another president, our military is stretched way thin--and now we're rattling our sabers again and even CONSIDERING another war?

Moreover, rumors suggest we're thinking about using NUCLEAR weapons in this battle.  When will it end?  When will it end?

I wonder if the Bushies can convice Congress to let them go to war again.  I guarantee they can't convince the American people.  What I'm worried about is that they'll attempt to go to war again without anyone's official backing.  Grr....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the American people
American people are fed up with Bush. Their will be no public support for the war...

the congress
Too many congressmen are up for re-election for them to vote for using force. It would be too much money that they feel should be spend on a huge fence to keep their maids/lawnmen in check.

the world
I think that Iran knows that the USA has lost all credibility in the world after the WMD claim in Iraq (Thanks to GW). We do not have the respect to build a coalition of girl scouts, much less a coalition of armies to help.

anyone's official backing
I believe that if we try to get anyone's backing, people will assume that we are lying. If Iran sends a Nuke to Israel, most of the world will think the US did it just to have an excuse to invade Iran.

The only hope is that Russia or China will work out a diplomatic solution. Kinda sad when those are the countries you are rooting for.... (Thanks again GW).

Disclaimer
I could be wrong, I never thought he would actually go through with the Iraq war.

4/25/2006 5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home