Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

9.26.2006

Indian-taker*

*(not the feather kind; the dot kind.)

So the TSA will now allow us all to carry travel-sized containers of liquids and gels on board an airplane. Thank you, TSA, for getting rid of that ridiculous, knee-jerk policy!

Oh wait--you didn't get rid of it. You took away our freedom, and then gave us back just a little. But held on to the rest.

Sounds an awful lot like the "temporary" measures of the Patriot Act enacted in 2001. Anyone with me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you.

Funny how most of the new policies are reactionary while not very preventative. Very good at 1) inducing fear, 2) punishing the masses.

As someone who spent a great deal of time flying recently, I found it ironic how there was no secondary screening for these items between the TSA security and the jetways. It would have been very easy and possible for someone to buy H20, sunscreen, toothpaste, etc. at one of the airport shops, throw them in a backpack, and just walk on the plane.

Also irritating that they relaxed their policy exactly 10 hours after I landed back at home at the end of my travels.

Ugh!

9/27/2006 8:28 AM  
Blogger EastCoastMatt said...

suggs...

the point is not to bring in new things into the "secure" zone.

they don't care that you bring h2o on the plane... the point was that you don't bring in liquid explosives inside, where everything that those stores sells are supposedly checked already....

but that aside.... it is a horrifically stupid policy

11/29/2006 9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home