Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

9.23.2005

The Hurricane Cometh....


The eerie yellowish hue of the sky. The two lines of thin white clouds, just parallel to each other. The suburban houses, waiting, seemingly unaware of the storm on its way. This picture doesn't do justice to the evening scene in Sugar Land, but it was the best my little camera phone could do.

And 10 minutes after this picture was taken, the hurricane swept in. The sky turned dark. The rains came.

I took this picture on my way out of my aunt's house, where she and I, along with my cousin and her family, are hanging out. My friend Jacky lives just down the street from my aunt, and I figured I'd say hi to him before the storm showed up.

So I walked. Yes, I know, that's not done in Houston. But dammit, I refuse to drive 100 yards. So I walked in the drizzle. Hung out with Jacky and Lynn for no more than a few minutes. Heard the wind. Heard the rain. And ran home--in the downpour.

Such is the 'Rita.

1 Comments:

Blogger EastCoastMatt said...

jacky! i thought you were going to chicago...what happened?

9/26/2005 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home