Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

7.17.2005

Shaka-laka

Aloha from wonderful Waikiki! Oh man, this place is just as beautiful as everyone's described it. At Charles' recommendation, I watched a sunset on the beach last night--it was crazy beautiful. Not crazy/beautiful (the movie I'm almost ashamed to have watched) but CRAZY beautiful.

This whole island rocks--but as the Kaua'i resident I met last night mentioned--not every island here is so incredibly commercialized. I can't wait to see what Big Island is like.

Been looking for a cheap used surfboard to test my surfing prowess on--and I found one. Gonna go test it out tomorrow. Hang ten, buddy...oh, and that hand sign, Matt--you know, the one with the pinky and the thumb out and the others curved in--that's called the "shaka." Hawaiians totally use that to say "see you later" and it totally rocks.

Adios! In the meantime, I leave you with this picture:

(and others, at http://wanderingmaverick.smugmug.com ) -- and this challenge: say humuhumunukunukuapua'a 10 times fast. Backwards!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I actually recommended a sunrise, but the sunsets are pretty cool, and much more likely to be seen by someone who never makes it to work before 10AM. ;-)

7/19/2005 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home