Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

8.13.2005

Feelin' all sultan-y

So I have a strong feeling that my taxi driver from the Brunei airport was, in fact, deceased.  Dude barely moved.  He looked dead when I got off the plane and into the cab.  And he spoke a mangled dialect of some unintelligible language, as well.
 
One-foot-in-the-grave cab drivers aside....I have nothing to say about this place that wouldn't get its team of internet censors to come after me.  Suffice it to say, the first thing I did upon landing here, changing some dinero, and checking in to my hostel, was buy a ticket out.  For tomorrow.  To Bangkok.
 
I KNOW, I haven't posted in a while--but I've been having such a great time!  Started in Singapore, went on to Melaka (Straits of Malacca, anyone?), then on to Kuala Lumpur--which was gritty at first, but totally ROCKS.  Hung out with some Australians and Americans there until 5 AM one night.  Checked out some natural limestone caves, checked out the city.  Ate pepperoni pizza at Pizza Hut (all halal--BEEF!).  Continued on to Borneo (Kota Kinabalu).  Kind of stagnated there for a couple days.  Hung out with a cool American chick and a dude from the UK last night.  Then came here today (breathe).  On Royal Brunei Airways.
 
That was an experience in itself.  Starting with the funky desert-arab style headdresses worn by the flight attendants (but only before departure!).  And the odd, inexplicable atmosphere inside the plane.  Continuing with the Arabic prayer recited on the tv screens and the intercom before takeoff.  And followed by the empty, empty Brunei airport. 
 
Yeah, weird.  Like this place.  More later.  Off to see the Brunei sights in the less-than-24 hours I have left in this godforsaken place.

2 Comments:

Blogger tollwaywarrior said...

Polly want an exit visa?

8/14/2005 12:04 AM  
Blogger Sameer said...

BLOG SPAM?!?!?!?!! Are you freaking kidding me???

8/19/2005 5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home