Sameer For Congress

For years, I've wanted to run for Congress.
I'm finally going to do it in 2006. (temporarily postponed)
One problem--I don't know which party to choose.

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

5.14.2005

El Announcement

I hereby throw my hat in the ring for a congressional race in 2006.  Which one?  That's a secret for now.  Why?  That's easy--I've always wanted to do this.  I'm an IT consultant by trade, and I've always said I wanted to do something bigger with my life.
 
Sure, every twentysomething wants to save the world.  Some do it by joining NGOs and other social organizations.  Others become teachers and try to change society via its children.  Still others (and a lot of people I know) decide to try to "make it" first, and then volunteer their time or money later.
 
These are all great ways to give back.  I want to work a little differently, though.  I want to change the world through policy.
 
Imagine a legislator who makes decisions based on facts as well as fairness.  Imagine a politician who takes world history into account when shaping future policy.  Imagine a congressman with the cojones to buck the system.
 
That's who I want to be.
 
That's why I'm starting this blog.  I want to run, but I don't have a solid platform and I haven't chosen a party.  I find my views are strengthened when I express them, so over the next two years I intend to write them here.  I hope everyone who reads my opinions feels free to reply with critiques and comments, and most of all I hope that this will be the beginning of something great.
 
As people of my faith say when starting something new, Bismillah.
 

2 Comments:

Blogger happytheman said...

First, If you run for congress you have pretty much have to become castrated not only of your cojones but also your cerebral cortex.
Second, all this time I thought it was a word Freddy Mercury made up. As people of my faith say when starting something new, Get the Hell out of the way or I am going to run your ass over.... just kidding... Vaya Con El Dios.

5/16/2005 11:26 AM  
Blogger Sameer said...

Hey, I didn't say I wasn't idealistic! :) Cojones, for those who didn't grow up on the Mexico border (like me), would be: definition

5/16/2005 7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home